i1Photo Pro 2 is the new standard of perfection for “Color Perfectionist” Photographers looking for perfectly accurate color the first time and every time. Quickly and easily create custom camera, monitor, projector and RGB printer profiles, ensuring the colors you capture, view and print are true.
i1Photo Pro 2 offers the most accurate and consistent color calibration and profiling from capture to view to print. i1Photo Pro 2 combines world-class hardware and software to deliver the ultimate professional level color management for photo pros.
- NEW i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer. The most accurate and forward thinking profiling device available today – bringing a new level of accuracy, reliability, versatility and ease of use, it delivers an expanded professional-level feature set – including multiple measurement capabilities to correct for paper optical brighteners often found in photo papers.
- i1Profiler Software for Monitors and Projectors. The latest release of i1Profiler software features basic and advanced modes for professionally calibrated and profiled monitors and projectors, including new presets for video production workflows. Also includes display and printer quality assurance functions.
- ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software and Target for producing custom camera profiles that work exceptionally well for Raw workflows, even in unusual artificial light sources.
- PANTONE® Color Manager. Easily capture and manage spot colors, and keep your PANTONE libraries up to date with this color palette creation and swatch bridging software.
There’s never been a better time to invest in an i1Photo Pro 2 solution because we redesigned everything to maximize your profitability, efficiency and accuracy. The new i1Photo Pro 2 is easier to use, more versatile, accurate, reliable and affordable than ever before, making this a must-have product for Color Perfectionists.
The i1Photo Pro 2 is ideal for the discerning photo professionalʼs unique color workflow needs and includes:
- The extraordinary new i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer
- The latest release of i1Profiler Software
- ColorChecker Camera Calibration and ColorChecker Classic Target [mini]
- PANTONE Color Manager Software
- ColorChecker Proof Target
- All-new, more robust i1 accessories: Ambient Light Measurement Head, Monitor Holder, Scanning Ruler, Backup Board, Spot Color Positioning Target, Soft Carrying Case
i1PRO 2 DEVICE
The most accurate, versatile and reliable profiling device available today Built upon the success of X-Rite’s i1Pro spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, i1Pro 2 features the next generation of our industry-leading technology delivering increased accuracy, ease of use and an expanded professional-level feature set.
- New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument and ensures your investment well into the future.
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling for today’s enhanced range of substrates. Now photographers can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under both standard and specific light conditions using a single hand-held device.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode saving time and money on consumables and enabling dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
- New Status LED guides users through the measurement process and provides feedback on device status, improving the user experience and saving time.
- New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro 2 device, assuring the highest level of reliability and productivity.
- Better temperature stability and higher brightness levels improve emissive measurement, resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors and projectors.
- All new diagnostics and self-correction features
Built-in wavelength calibration technology allows for self-diagnosis of optical grating in relation to sensor during white calibration (with automatic correction and notifications) eliminating worry about your device’s measurement accuracy.
- Maintaining and protecting the device (and investment) is easier than ever
Self-cleanable aperture protection glass and calibration white tile cover provides additional built-in protection from dust and dirt keeping your device working at top performance at all times.
- XRGA equipped
i1Pro 2 is equipped with the X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) to make it quicker and easier for companies and professionals involved in digital production printing to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received from all links in the supply chain is reliable and repeatable.
i1Profiler, based upon X-Rite’s i1Prism color engine, offers an unprecedented level of flexibility and features a number of unique color management capabilities adding power and control in creating professional quality profiles. You can choose between a ‘basic’, wizard-driven interface; or an ‘advanced’, user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles for monitors and projectors.
i1Profiler unique capabilities include:
- Create highest quality professional color profiles for monitors and projectors
- Optimize profiles based on ambient light
- Quality assurance for soft proofing on monitors and verifying output quality on printers
i1Profiler specific capabilities include:
- Utilize presets for video production workflows
- Create profiles for any ambient light condition for optimal viewing of color critical work
- Unlimited gamma, white point, and luminance settings (also measure other displays or light sources and use as targets)
- Workgroup match utilizing reference profiles to match all monitors
- Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better defined grays, in any lighting condition
- Chromatic adaptation formula for a closer visual match of different monitors (or of different settings on one monitor) with different white points
- X-Rite’s Automatic Display Calibration (ADC) to automatically control and adjust display hardware settings
- Build an accurate on-screen profile in just a few minutes – just as easy as building a monitor profile
- Takes room conditions into consideration when creating profile – projected colors, screen color and room lighting
- Intelligent iterative profiling technology ensures your output is reproduced accurately from print to print and printer to printer
- Unmatched quality for smoothness, highlight and shadow detail
- Utilize Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) functionality to account for paper optical brighteners
- Optimize profiles based on your images for specific colors, black & white, or flesh tones, PANTONE libraries and captured spot colors
- Supports high patch count test charts for the most accurate printer profiles – ideal for fine art printing and proofing
- Choose from standard test charts or easily build your own to meet your specific color and paper size requirements
- Capture true colors with flash and ambient light measurements – easily apply to output profiles for your gallery, studio or any specific lighting condition for perfect color match
- Quickly check color output quality and optical brighteners with ColorChecker Proof visual assessment target
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Display quality assurance function to check soft proofing
- Printer quality assurance function to check print quality using ISO 12647-7 compliant media wedges (IDEAlliance Digital Control Strip, Fogra Media Wedge, Japan Color Control Strip).
ColorChecker Camera Calibration System
This widely adapted profiling technology provides excellent results with just the mini 24-patch ColorChecker Classic target, producing custom camera profiles that work exceptionally well for Raw workflows, even in unusual artificial light sources. Whether you are shooting with just one camera or multiple cameras, you’ll easily establish an accurate color foundation and maintain control of your colors.
- Minimize color differences between cameras and lenses
- Adapt for mixed lighting
- Make color balance match across different scenes
- Create dual illuminant profiles which takes into account two different light sources to create a single profile, which can be applied to an even wider variety of lighting conditions
PANTONE COLOR MANAGER
- Capture and manage spot colors
- Automatically updates all PANTONE Color Libraries - and keeps them up to date
- Uses PANTONE PLUS Color Bridge values
- Builds palettes of best match PANTONE colors that are auto extracted from your own images
- Enables any library or palette, including palettes extracted from images, to be used in i1Profiler spot color optimization of printer Profiles.
- Builds ICC profile-based device-specific CMYK recipes for any PANTONE Graphics library
- Simulates and helps you visualize spot vs. 4-color process, including display and print gamut warnings to make it easy to identify any colors that cannot be properly printed on your target output device or properly displayed on your monitor
- Synchronizes spot color values to design applications
What’s in the Box:
i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer (measurement device), calibration plate, ambient light measurement head, monitor holder, positioning target, scanning ruler, backup board, USB cable, i1Profiler v1.x software for monitors, projectors and RGB printers, ColorChecker Camera Calibration software, PANTONE Color Manager software, ColorChecker Classic target [mini], ColorChecker Proof target and soft-sided storage case.